This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [SILVERY GOLDSTAR] Re: getent services enumeration glitch
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Andrew Schulman <schulman dot andrew at epa dot gov>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 19:48:33 +0300
- Subject: Re: [SILVERY GOLDSTAR] Re: getent services enumeration glitch
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <loom dot 20150818T113145-139 at post dot gmane dot org> <20150818112416 dot GN17917 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <6CF2FC1279D0844C9357664DC5A08BA210A9A230 at msgb09 dot nih dot gov> <loom dot 20150819T014054-519 at post dot gmane dot org> <20150819074623 dot GA15924 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <08t8tal1qianumpc1kq01b5f1asqguai2k at 4ax dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Andrew Schulman!
>> On Aug 18 23:43, Mark Geisert wrote:
>> > Buchbinder, Barry writes:
>> > > Corinna Vinschen sent the following at Tuesday, August 18, 2015 7:24 AM
>> > > >On Aug 18 09:40, Mark Geisert wrote:
>> > > >Congratulations! You found a 13 years old bug in Cygwin's getservent
>> > > >implementation, which returned the port number in host byte order
>> > > >instead of in network byte order for all this time. Makes me wonder how
>> > > >often getservent is used in the wild...
>> > >
>> > > Not that I know what getent is, let alone having ever used it, shouldn't
>> > > finding a bug that old merit a gold star?
>> > Oh, please no. A tin star if you must. Let's keep gold stars for folks
>> > doing the heavy lifting around here.
>> Oh, come one, don't be shy. A silver star at least,
>> Andrew, do we have silver stars in the vaults?
> But of course! https://cygwin.com/goldstars/#MG
With best regards,
Wednesday, August 19, 2015 19:47:37
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple