This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Processes randomly get stuck
- From: Ismail Donmez <ismail at i10z dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 09:22:55 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Processes randomly get stuck
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <loom dot 20150726T145318-217 at post dot gmane dot org> <20150727075946 dot GF7535 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <loom dot 20150821T100531-51 at post dot gmane dot org> <20150821083125 dot GC19683 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <loom dot 20150821T104807-574 at post dot gmane dot org> <20150821091132 dot GA15871 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Corinna Vinschen writes:
> On Aug 21 08:49, Ismail Donmez wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Corinna Vinschen:
> > > > This might explain some behaviour I am seeing because tmux is
> > that
> > > > file every 20 seconds or something like that.
> > >
> > > Oops.
> > Well its even worse than that, its reading /proc/âpid>/cmdline twice
> > *second* , for now I'll disable this insane behaviour and see if
> > improve.
> What on earth is it expecting?
The idea is it updates the window title as needed, so you can zsh on tmux
and the title is "zsh" and then you fire up vim and the title changes to
Apparently this is less of a problem on Linux because I never even noticed
it was doing this.