This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Some programs (vi, ssh) crash when screen buffer height is big
- From: Sous Lesquels <a9f54d2 at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 08:37:52 -0400
- Subject: Re: Some programs (vi, ssh) crash when screen buffer height is big
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAHV8iDH4pG0FoGrckc36atQUV+SWOnryJ-zBDK92HTGgPRC=Ew at mail dot gmail dot com> <26A19798-1F20-4D52-A311-C8312E0D4621 at etr-usa dot com> <CAHV8iDGU8tN+58LR10e3zHxiEsr5ekXrKrLeyYRAD0tx0H6B1A at mail dot gmail dot com> <6DC9320F-4DCC-47E4-AB8C-3158EBD6260E at etr-usa dot com>
> After sending the window full-screen, lookee lookee:
> 2014/11/04 17:40:58 Ending cygwin install
> 112 [main] vi 4424 C:\cygwin64\bin\vi.exe: *** fatal error - cmalloc would have returned NULL
> /x: line 6: 4424 Hangup vi -c q /var/log/setup.log
> It happened on the first run, with a 317x85 window and 9999 lines of scrollback buffer.
OK, at least it's reproducible by one more person :)
> So why not run under mintty, then? Cygwin runs better under mintty in general.
For various usability reasons (tabs being the biggest I think), I'm
using ConEmu (https://github.com/Maximus5/ConEmu) and running bash
directly from it. I am not sure if it's even possible to use mintty -
it just might run console -> mintty -> bash, so might present the same
issue - but will take a look at that to confirm.
However, assuming it is not possible to run mintty under ConEmu and
short of downsizing the window, do you know of any solutions /
workarounds I have with the default console that I can try?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple