This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Updated: fish-2.2.0-1 (test release)
- From: Kelley Cook <r dot kelley dot cook at gmail dot com>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>, Andrew Schulman <schulman dot andrew at epa dot gov>
- Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 13:10:09 -0400
- Subject: Re: Updated: fish-2.2.0-1 (test release)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <7m8etapaho3t1ve0a5c414g1vof6lnln4c at 4ax dot com>
On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 10:17 AM, Andrew Schulman
> 1. You may see errors when fish starts, saying that "Old versions of fish appear
> to be running." This is because of architectural changes (removal of fishd)
> from fish 2.1 to 2.2. If you see this, please try the following things:
> * Kill all running instances of fish and, especially, fishd (pkill fish, or
> killall fish).
> * Remove all directories /tmp/fishd.* (rm -rf /tmp/fishd.*)
> * If necessary, rm ~/.config/fish/fishd.* . But this probably will remove all
> of your stored universal variables.
> Then restart fish. If the error messages persist, please report that to the
> cygwin list.
I followed these instructions and it still told me there were old
However, the message went away after I also removed a
/tmp/fish.<username> directory [note this was fish not fishd]
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple