This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Some programs (vi, ssh) crash when screen buffer height is big
- From: Warren Young <wyml at etr-usa dot com>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 12:53:53 -0600
- Subject: Re: Some programs (vi, ssh) crash when screen buffer height is big
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAHV8iDH4pG0FoGrckc36atQUV+SWOnryJ-zBDK92HTGgPRC=Ew at mail dot gmail dot com> <26A19798-1F20-4D52-A311-C8312E0D4621 at etr-usa dot com> <CAHV8iDGU8tN+58LR10e3zHxiEsr5ekXrKrLeyYRAD0tx0H6B1A at mail dot gmail dot com> <6DC9320F-4DCC-47E4-AB8C-3158EBD6260E at etr-usa dot com> <CAHV8iDFauqCe-aKZB6Ba1oJbOvvOr7M19ZyJJVu-t8DQ46f=ug at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Aug 21, 2015, at 6:37 AM, Sous Lesquels <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> It happened on the first run, with a 317x85 window and 9999 lines of scrollback buffer.
> OK, at least it's reproducible by one more person :)
A replicable bug is a dead bug. All thatâs needed is for someone to spend the time to chase it down.
My interest stopped with replicating the bug. I have no skin in the game beyond that. I donât use anything but mintty these days, except when forced, and donât use Cygwin or Windows enough to miss tabs when I canât use an OS where the native terminal emulator has them.
> For various usability reasons (tabs being the biggest I think), I'm
> using ConEmu
Perhaps SuperPutty would work for you:
It claims to run putty as a subprocess, providing tabs and scp support on top of it. Since mintty is a fork of putty, it might be a drop-in replacement, or an easy hack if not.
It appears to be written in C#, so I doubt it would be allowed to incorporate this code into mintty itself, though.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple