This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: mintty hangs after exit
- From: "John Hein" <3fbmqnhaz4 at snkmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 22:05:18 -0600
- Subject: Re: mintty hangs after exit
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1778924762 dot 20150822020530 at yandex dot ru>
Andrey Repin wrote at 02:05 +0300 on Aug 22, 2015:
> Just noticed a weird thing. Wonder if anyone can confirm or deny the issue.
> 1. Start mintty as `mintty.exe -` (i.e. login shell)
> 2. Execute a command. S.a. "ssh anywhere"
> 3. Exit all running apps. I.e. ^D out of all shells.
> 4. mintty remains running.
> There's no more child processes of it, nothing. It's just stuck around.
I see that on occasion, but haven't pinned down reliable conditions
for reproducing the symptom. I'm using tcsh as shell (I'm not
claiming a correlation necessarily). What if you hit enter in the
hung window? That usually kicks things into gear causing the process
/ window to go away here.
(I miss 'wchan' in ps output to give a clue what the process is
doing / waiting on.)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple