This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: mintty hangs after exit
- From: Thomas Wolff <towo at towo dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2015 06:54:05 +0200
- Subject: Re: mintty hangs after exit
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1778924762 dot 20150822020530 at yandex dot ru> <28820-1440216321-185249 at sneakemail dot com> <55D7FB2D dot 2020302 at dwalin dot fsnet dot co dot uk>
Am 22.08.2015 um 06:31 schrieb Sam Edge:
On 22/08/2015 05:05, John Hein wrote:
Andrey Repin wrote at 02:05 +0300 on Aug 22, 2015:
> Just noticed a weird thing. Wonder if anyone can confirm or deny the issue.
> 1. Start mintty as `mintty.exe -` (i.e. login shell)
> 2. Execute a command. S.a. "ssh anywhere"
> 3. Exit all running apps. I.e. ^D out of all shells.
> 4. mintty remains running.
> There's no more child processes of it, nothing. It's just stuck around.
I see that on occasion, but haven't pinned down reliable conditions
for reproducing the symptom. I'm using tcsh as shell (I'm not
claiming a correlation necessarily). What if you hit enter in the
hung window? That usually kicks things into gear causing the process
/ window to go away here.
(I miss 'wchan' in ps output to give a clue what the process is
doing / waiting on.)
I've had exactly the same problem for some time now.
For weeks? Months? Since which version?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple