This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: mintty hangs after exit
- From: Sam Edge <cygwin at dwalin dot fsnet dot co dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2015 06:37:04 +0100
- Subject: Re: mintty hangs after exit
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1778924762 dot 20150822020530 at yandex dot ru> <28820-1440216321-185249 at sneakemail dot com> <55D7FB2D dot 2020302 at dwalin dot fsnet dot co dot uk> <55D8006D dot 4040409 at towo dot net>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 22/08/2015 05:54, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> Am 22.08.2015 um 06:31 schrieb Sam Edge:
>> On 22/08/2015 05:05, John Hein wrote:
>>> Andrey Repin wrote at 02:05 +0300 on Aug 22, 2015:
>>> > Just noticed a weird thing. Wonder if anyone can confirm or deny
>>> the issue.
>>> > 1. Start mintty as `mintty.exe -` (i.e. login shell)
>>> > 2. Execute a command. S.a. "ssh anywhere"
>>> > 3. Exit all running apps. I.e. ^D out of all shells.
>>> > 4. mintty remains running.
>>> > There's no more child processes of it, nothing. It's just stuck
>>> I see that on occasion, but haven't pinned down reliable conditions
>>> for reproducing the symptom. I'm using tcsh as shell (I'm not
>>> claiming a correlation necessarily). What if you hit enter in the
>>> hung window? That usually kicks things into gear causing the process
>>> / window to go away here.
>>> (I miss 'wchan' in ps output to give a clue what the process is
>>> doing / waiting on.)
>> I've had exactly the same problem for some time now.
> For weeks? Months? Since which version?
Months at least. I couldn't tell you at which versions of the various
players (cygwin, mintty, ssh ...) at which it started, sorry.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple