This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Updated: fish-2.2.0-1 (test release)
- From: Andrew Schulman <schulman dot andrew at epa dot gov>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2015 04:30:55 -0400
- Subject: Re: Updated: fish-2.2.0-1 (test release)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <7m8etapaho3t1ve0a5c414g1vof6lnln4c at 4ax dot com> <CAAb7UtBGrChZf+fTN2mT81vGY7m5LU739sEEj5ME1=s6sfinOQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
> On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 10:17 AM, Andrew Schulman
> <email@example.com> wrote:
> > 1. You may see errors when fish starts, saying that "Old versions of fish appear
> > to be running." This is because of architectural changes (removal of fishd)
> > from fish 2.1 to 2.2. If you see this, please try the following things:
> > * Kill all running instances of fish and, especially, fishd (pkill fish, or
> > killall fish).
> > * Remove all directories /tmp/fishd.* (rm -rf /tmp/fishd.*)
> > * If necessary, rm ~/.config/fish/fishd.* . But this probably will remove all
> > of your stored universal variables.
> > Then restart fish. If the error messages persist, please report that to the
> > cygwin list.
> I followed these instructions and it still told me there were old
> version running.
> However, the message went away after I also removed a
> /tmp/fish.<username> directory [note this was fish not fishd]
Ugh - right. Typo in my message and in the postinstall script, which tries to
do this for you. Fixed for 2.2.0-2. Thanks.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple