This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: strace -f hangs forever with process who creates child process
- From: "Nellis, Kenneth" <Kenneth dot Nellis at xerox dot com>
- To: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 13:05:37 +0000
- Subject: RE: strace -f hangs forever with process who creates child process
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CALd+sZSmEchJrQsm3YzxedC5aK5VcffhyQiLFx2tEProxCtyAQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
From: Qian Hong
> I just found `strace -f` hangs forever for me.
> $ uname -a
> CYGWIN_NT-6.1 fracting-PC 2.2.1(0.289/5/3) 2015-08-15 11:00 i686 Cygwin)
> $ cat parent.sh
> $ cat child.sh
> echo haha
> $ strace -f -o out.txt bash -c parent.sh #hangs forever.
FWIW, this also seems to hang for me, but can't confirm that it
hangs "forever", as I didn't wait that long. Ctrl/C-ing out works,
but that takes several seconds to take effect. And then I can't
$ rm -f out.txt
rm: cannot remove âout.txtâ: Device or resource busy
Commands 'ps' and 'who' don't indicate any other processes, but
Task Manager shows another bash process. After killing that process
I am then able to delete out.txt.