This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: strace -f hangs forever with process who creates child process
- From: Roger Wells <roger dot k dot wells at leidos dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 09:37:10 -0400
- Subject: Re: strace -f hangs forever with process who creates child process
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CALd+sZSmEchJrQsm3YzxedC5aK5VcffhyQiLFx2tEProxCtyAQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <0D835E9B9CD07F40A48423F80D3B5A702E9126C0 at USA7109MB022 dot na dot xerox dot net>
On 08/24/2015 09:05 AM, Nellis, Kenneth wrote:
> From: Qian Hong
>> I just found `strace -f` hangs forever for me.
>> $ uname -a
>> CYGWIN_NT-6.1 fracting-PC 2.2.1(0.289/5/3) 2015-08-15 11:00 i686 Cygwin)
>> $ cat parent.sh
>> $ cat child.sh
>> echo haha
>> $ strace -f -o out.txt bash -c parent.sh #hangs forever.
> FWIW, this also seems to hang for me, but can't confirm that it
> hangs "forever", as I didn't wait that long. Ctrl/C-ing out works,
> but that takes several seconds to take effect. And then I can't
> delete out.txt:
> $ rm -f out.txt
I also can confirm this on the same cygwin release but for x86_64:
CYGWIN_NT-6.1 rwells-x220 2.2.1(0.289/5/3) 2015-08-20 11:42 x86_64 Cygwin
Roger Wells, P.E.
221 Third St
Newport, RI 02840
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple