This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Why not generate the .bashrc automatically under home diretory
- From: kuaf <kuaf dot lee at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 16:47:11 +0800
- Subject: Why not generate the .bashrc automatically under home diretory
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I used the latest [setup-x86_64.exe] to set up cygwin environment.
I wanted my /home directory to point to c:\Users rather than the
out-of-the-box home directory created by cygwin.
My current solution is to just mount it in fstab with the following line:
c:/Users /home ntfs binary,posix=0,nouser
After refresh installing and change the fstab above, then startup mintty.
But, I didn't see .bashrc/.profile/.inputrc/.bash_profile was
generated automatically under home directory. I mean the `/etc/skel/*`
files would be copied to home direcotry.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple