This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Perl Term::ReadKey from empty scalar Segfaults under cygwin only (1.7.32 x86_64)
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at NexGo dot DE>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 09:40:07 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Perl Term::ReadKey from empty scalar Segfaults under cygwin only (1.7.32 x86_64)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <59C49FE16E416F46873F86D530DA80520BD519 at ExchangeServer dot internal dot ogtip dot com>
Luke Goodsell <Luke.Goodsell <at> ogt.com> writes:
> Please can you help me to diagnose this issue?
The stacktrace is useless, but if you run this under strace you'll also see
a message that doesn't make it to the output otherwise:
syntax error at -e line 1, near "= ;"
Unterminated <> operator at -e line 1.
The reason for the later segfault might already be here.
> Attempting Perl Term::ReadKey from an empty string under Cygwin causes
perl to segmentation fault. The
> same command on Debian, or with a non-empty string, works fine.
Please report this upstream.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple