This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Early Deprecation Notice: Windows XP and Server 2003 support
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Corinna Vinschen <cygwin at cygwin dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 15:23:09 +0300
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Early Deprecation Notice: Windows XP and Server 2003 support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150826115109 dot DC166300 dot helmut dot karlowski at ish dot de> <49A5ECFF7A0A419F829D58F760F8DDA3 at NCC1701> <20150826125618 dot 56814D38 dot helmut dot karlowski at ish dot de> <20150826112652 dot GF5046 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Corinna Vinschen!
> On Aug 26 12:56, Helmut Karlowski wrote:
>> > > Guess that's better than to stick with the kludges, migration to 10 is
>> > > on the way.
>> > From what I've seen and heard W10, while mostly stable, still coerces users
>> > towards the software as (an expensive) service model and follows the dictum
>> > that Microsoft knows more about what you want than you do (default saves to
>> > microsoft cloud storage, grabs your pictures for background slide show
>> > without asking, etc.).
>> I hope I can customize it to behave like XP (only the goodies of
That doesn't solve the hotkeys bound at driver levels, unfortunately.
Half of my keyboard dead now thanks to the move to Win7.
Anyway, on the topic: All I could ask is to give us a notice when the final
build for XP is available, so that we could prepare own mirrors.
With best regards,
Wednesday, August 26, 2015 15:06:11
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple