This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Early Deprecation Notice: Windows XP and Server 2003 support
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: AC <cygwin62y9 at acarver dot net>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 07:48:40 +0300
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Early Deprecation Notice: Windows XP and Server 2003 support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CANnLRdjZpyyeXKp-LAxCvH7Lk0AF5FRsWuEkaukMKHJ9h5FHRQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <55DE5A23 dot 9080406 at acarver dot net> <1684081786 dot 20150827040423 at yandex dot ru> <55DE7C83 dot 8010401 at acarver dot net>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
>>> Is there a document somewhere that can describe this process of making a
>>> mirror? I have two XP machines that I won't be able to upgrade and I
>>> just want to make sure I can reinstall Cygwin packages if needed.
>> man rsync
> Well rsync is fine for making mirrors in general, I meant making a
> mirror of one of the existing Cygwin mirrors for which I would not have
> shell access. I suppose a recursive wget would be sufficient?
When was the last time you read rsync manual?
When was the last time you've checked the mirrors list?
There's more ways to use rsync than through SSH wrapper.
With best regards,
Thursday, August 27, 2015 07:47:30
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple