This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Updated [test]: coreutils-8.24-2
- From: "Helmut Karlowski" <helmut dot karlowski at ish dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 21:33:59 +0100
- Subject: Re: Updated [test]: coreutils-8.24-2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <001c01d0e04c$d8ebc210$8ac34630$ at bonhard dot uklinux dot net> <000001d0e051$965f38a0$c31da9e0$ at bonhard dot uklinux dot net> <55DE4B8B dot 6000401 at redhat dot com> <55DF6961 dot 9040804 at dwalin dot fsnet dot co dot uk> <55DF7265 dot 8050607 at lysator dot liu dot se>
Am 27.08.2015, 21:26 Uhr, schrieb Peter Rosin:
Seems like a fast way to not get a compiler warning if you do happen
to use a variable that would be used uninitialized if it were not for
an ugly pointless initializer.
Sorry if I added the wrong number of negations in there, but you get my
point anyway, hopefully...
Did you mean: "The compiler-warning would inform you that the value is not
set in a code-path"?
That's why I usually try to avoid initializing auto-variables (and maybe
save some bytes).
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple