This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Some programs (vi, ssh) crash when screen buffer height is big
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Sous Lesquels <a9f54d2 at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 17:18:39 +0300
- Subject: Re: Some programs (vi, ssh) crash when screen buffer height is big
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAHV8iDH4pG0FoGrckc36atQUV+SWOnryJ-zBDK92HTGgPRC=Ew at mail dot gmail dot com> <26A19798-1F20-4D52-A311-C8312E0D4621 at etr-usa dot com> <CAHV8iDGU8tN+58LR10e3zHxiEsr5ekXrKrLeyYRAD0tx0H6B1A at mail dot gmail dot com> <6DC9320F-4DCC-47E4-AB8C-3158EBD6260E at etr-usa dot com> <CAHV8iDFauqCe-aKZB6Ba1oJbOvvOr7M19ZyJJVu-t8DQ46f=ug at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAN=he+XN0qiLjm+K+0Qr13=GqtvAyJSArdFh873++1=dTjP35Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAHV8iDH=FL3XQ0OrK0pzLPOP+7-VK88HvD2_k2zzWZTc+hyXdw at mail dot gmail dot com> <137123911 dot 20150825211641 at yandex dot ru> <CAHV8iDFsDec4ChdBNv=H1bq-y-Htm7G3JpMekkGXSD96hDqNYA at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Sous Lesquels!
> Thanks Andrey.
>> You're misunderstanding Cygwin, if you are asking such questions.
> Care to clarify how am I misunderstanding Cygwin?
I'm not in the mood of retyping the POSIX standard for you.
>> If you could convince ConEmu developers to provide adequate TTY functionality,
> You mean Microsoft?
I'm personally acquainted with the creator of ConEmu and he's not working for
> You can reproduce the exact same issue with the native windows console.
Yet again, Cygwin tools themselves and terminal you use them in is two
> Run Cygwin.bat from the home folder, run my
> tests exactly as described in my previous posts, it will break.
You know, what I can say about it?
- Doctor, when I twist my finger this way, it hurts!
- Don't twist your finger this way.
ConEmu, same as mintty, was created to fight deficiency of the native console.
If, having better alternative, you still cling to the native console, you're
the sole responsibility of all that happens to you.
With best regards,
Friday, August 28, 2015 17:11:49
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple