This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup.exe -s site option not working for me
- From: Jon TURNEY <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: "Nellis, Kenneth" <Kenneth dot Nellis at xerox dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 15:48:20 +0100
- Subject: Re: setup.exe -s site option not working for me
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <879655271 dot 20150828165716 at yandex dot ru> <0D835E9B9CD07F40A48423F80D3B5A702E917FEF at USA7109MB022 dot na dot xerox dot net>
On 28/08/2015 15:42, Nellis, Kenneth wrote:
I appreciate the response and the provided script, but
the question remains whether I am doing something wrong
(and what!) or if setup.exe just isn't working as
Specifically, in the Target field of my shortcut's
properties, I have:
C:\Users\knellis\Installers\Cygwin\setup-x86_64.exe -d -N -s "http://mirror.cs.vt.edu/"
And, I've tried with and without the trailing slash
in the URL. No matter, it complains with:
It seems you are not using the right URL. Try
This is what the link on https://cygwin.com/mirrors.html points to.
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple