This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup.exe -s site option not working for me
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at NexGo dot DE>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 14:51:28 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: setup.exe -s site option not working for me
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <0D835E9B9CD07F40A48423F80D3B5A702E917FA7 at USA7109MB022 dot na dot xerox dot net>
Nellis, Kenneth <Kenneth.Nellis <at> xerox.com> writes:
> I currently run setup through a Windows shortcut that adds options
> -d -N to the standard command line. Being exposed recently to
> cygwinports, I was attempting to have separate shortcuts, one for
> regular cygwin and one for cygwinports.
No, if you use cygwinports you should use that _in addition_ to a cygwin.com
> Perhaps my mission to have separate setup procedures for cygwin
> and cygwinports is folly, but wondering if I am doing something
> wrong or if the -s <site> option isn't working as it should.
This option is for adding mirror sites not listed in mirrors.lst on
cygwin.com. There are other options to ignore the mirror list and to
skip the selection window, but if you're doing a manual installation anyway
setup will remember your last selection.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple