This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: setup.exe -s site option not working for me
- From: "Nellis, Kenneth" <Kenneth dot Nellis at xerox dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 15:06:05 +0000
- Subject: RE: setup.exe -s site option not working for me
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55E074B4 dot 5010208 at dronecode dot org dot uk>
From: Jon TURNEY
> It seems you are not using the right URL. Try
> -s "http://mirror.cs.vt.edu/pub/cygwin/cygwin/"
> This is what the link on https://cygwin.com/mirrors.html points to.
Hey, Jon, thanx! I'm in business. Not sure if/where that was documented.
FWIW, it appears that the web site is adding a semicolon after
the URL in the posting where none was provided (both my and Jon's
I have not yet realized that this effort has been wasted.
Time will tell. :-)