This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
feature request: easier "auto select a close mirror for me"
- From: Roger Pack <rogerdpack2 at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 11:38:49 -0600
- Subject: feature request: easier "auto select a close mirror for me"
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
It would be awesome if the top option for servers were "auto select
closest" or something like that.
Possibly a web server that would do the redirects for you [?] (or you
could do local pings and see which one answers quickest). Possibly
like what VLC does for its distro's  or some other offering already
Related, it would be nice to have a command line option for unattended
install that were "--auto-select-server" for the downloads...
Cheers and thank you.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple