This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Early Deprecation Notice: Windows XP and Server 2003 support
- From: "Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E]" <BBuchbinder at niaid dot nih dot gov>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: 'AC' <cygwin62y9 at acarver dot net>
- Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 18:50:46 +0000
- Subject: RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Early Deprecation Notice: Windows XP and Server 2003 support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CANnLRdjZpyyeXKp-LAxCvH7Lk0AF5FRsWuEkaukMKHJ9h5FHRQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <55DE5A23 dot 9080406 at acarver dot net> <1684081786 dot 20150827040423 at yandex dot ru> <55DE7C83 dot 8010401 at acarver dot net>
AC sent the following at Wednesday, August 26, 2015 10:57 PM
>On 2015-08-26 18:04, Andrey Repin wrote: Well rsync is fine for making
>>> Is there a document somewhere that can describe this process of making a
>>> mirror? I have two XP machines that I won't be able to upgrade and I
>>> just want to make sure I can reinstall Cygwin packages if needed.
>> man rsync
>mirrors in general, I meant making a mirror of one of the existing
>Cygwin mirrors for which I would not have shell access. I suppose a
>recursive wget would be sufficient?
What about using setup's "download without installing" option?
Disclaimer: Statements made herein are not made on behalf of NIAID.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple