This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: suggestion for setup.exe: on quiet mode start window minimized option
- From: "Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E]" <BBuchbinder at niaid dot nih dot gov>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: 'Roger Pack' <rogerdpack2 at gmail dot com>
- Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 18:52:19 +0000
- Subject: RE: suggestion for setup.exe: on quiet mode start window minimized option
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAL1QdWd3B5fjrf+mnWqX_ctw0eSsA3z4EGSRoAAR+bG2ZxL0rw at mail dot gmail dot com>
Roger Pack sent the following at Friday, August 28, 2015 1:29 PM
>Today I wanted to script an unattended install of cygwin. It works well.
>However, I also wanted to be able to do it without showing a window to
>the user at all. Suggestion/feature request: for --quiet-mode start
>minimized, or perhaps add a "--start-minimized" option. Cheers. -roger-
How do you start setup? Maybe one of the following will work for you.
A Windows shortcut can be set up to start minimized. My impression is
that one can use and mechanism to launch a Windows shortcut and then
Windows will follow the instructions ("Start in:", "Run:", etc.) in the
From a command line (though not a bash shell when cygwin, bash, or maybe
mintty are being updated):
cmd /c start /min
Disclaimer: Statements made herein are not made on behalf of NIAID.