This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New: hexchat-2.10.2-2
- From: Mike DePaulo <mikedep333 at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 15:19:42 -0400
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New: hexchat-2.10.2-2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 1440795943 dot 18308 dot 24 dot camel at cygwin dot com> <55E198FF dot 9030206 at gmail dot com> <1457379919 dot 20150829212528 at yandex dot ru>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
On 08/29/2015 02:25 PM, Andrey Repin wrote:
> Greetings, Mike DePaulo!
>> Compare XChat to OpenOffice: https://lwn.net/Articles/654776/
>> XChat is an important part of open source history, but that is
>> also what it is at this point in time.
> https://lwn.net/Articles/655022/ That's a more correct link. LO was
> always a rip-off, and they dare claim they are "better". All this
> bitching is actually counterproductive and harmful to the
Sorry, I am not very knowledgeable on LO vs OO. I assumed that
Christian Schaller's judgment was correct.
But I am very knowledgeable about HexChat vs XChat. And I am confident
that HexChat has a future, while XChat does not.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple