This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: feature request: easier "auto select a close mirror for me"
- From: Warren Young <wyml at etr-usa dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 20:14:04 -0600
- Subject: Re: feature request: easier "auto select a close mirror for me"
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAL1QdWcW+w0_ag6wfgkyT0gzELnwY2BnYnWwmGV23XRg2ZPZ2A at mail dot gmail dot com> <18474984 dot 20150828212305 at yandex dot ru> <bUVMziukjQBqwRi+IEW4cv at WsWcpFUqLsIWPAWGZYDYg> <8DE73944-387C-4282-BCB7-069B3D2DB584 at etr-usa dot com> <CAN=he+Vzn31_nFwHN4ADasBr4UYBUSUUn09gze0NZiFS5_3_pw at mail dot gmail dot com> <1128672121 dot 20150829211434 at yandex dot ru>
On Aug 29, 2015, at 12:14 PM, Andrey Repin <email@example.com> wrote:
>> has already written a script (Perl) to determine fastest Cygwin
>> mirror: https://sourceforge.net/p/cygwinmirrortest
>> Perhaps this could become part of the base install?
> No Perl in base.
âbut someone sufficiently motivated could rewrite it in C++ and merge that into setup.exe.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple