rsync gives me multiple error messages while downloading

Hi all, I just joined the cygwin mailing list today.

My problem is as above.  I'm trying to download a specific file
archive (the Project Gutenberg ebook archives) and I keep getting a
specific set of error messages when downloading:

rsync: read error: Connection reset by peer (104)
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at io.c(785) [receiver=3.1.1]
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (352676 bytes received so far) [generator]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at
io.c(226) [generator=3.1.1]

Not sure what these mean.  The command line I am sending to rsync is as follows:

rsync -avt --del --partial --progress ftp@ftp.ibiblio.org::gutenberg
/cygdrive/e/gutenberg/

Are there any parts I need to add or delete to ensure the archive
downloads without too much trouble? The download goes fine for like
five minutes before i get these error messages and rsync halts. I do
have an E: drive - it's the secondary hard drive on the computer. I
also have a firewall and antivirus installed - would disabling one or
both of those help?

I am by no means a cygwin expert, so I would appreciate any guidance
any of you on the mailing list can give me.

Jared