This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Odd package search behaviour: \+\+\.la
- From: "Nellis, Kenneth" <Kenneth dot Nellis at xerox dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 17:23:19 +0000
- Subject: RE: Odd package search behaviour: \+\+\.la
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <871tej1kax dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid>
From: Achim Gratz
> Adam Dinwoodie writes:
> > However, if I search for `libstdc\+\+\.la`, despite this being just the
> > full name of the file that is being matched above, I get no results!
> You'll notice that if you simply search for libstdc++.la you'll get the
> result you seem to want, so there is some auto-escaping going on that
> doesn't appear to be described anywhere.
So, which regex syntax does the web page want: regular, extended (-E),
or Perl (-P)? The web page should specify which or, better yet, allow us
to specify which.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple