This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setting up private mirror
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Chris Louden <chrislouden at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 04:47:10 +0300
- Subject: Re: setting up private mirror
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAJGdTOAdWrXN7T06fPxDM=UXk59_02C4Nga9p12unv4-BqBepw at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Chris Louden!
> I'm currently searching the mailing list archive as well as google but
> I thought I would ask out right aw well.. I'm looking to implement a
> private Cygwin mirror. The process seem fairly straight forward
> setting up an apache instance and rsycing twice a day. However our
> NetSec folks have asked is there is any way I can sync the local repo
> via an authenticated or encrypted method. I guess to rule out a man in
> the middle scenario. If anyone has done anything similar I would
> appreciate the feedback.
You could get setup.ini from some secure source and check hashes of the
packages after sync.
I didn't check if there's any available, but supposedly there should be at
With best regards,
Thursday, September 3, 2015 04:45:27
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple