This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin's ping requires privilege elevation.
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 12:16:10 +0200
- Subject: Re: Cygwin's ping requires privilege elevation.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <143246935 dot 20150903042734 at yandex dot ru>
On 03/09/2015 03:27, Andrey Repin wrote:
I had this issue running for some time, but recently I've (with a little help
from my friends) stumbled upon another Cygwin rip-off, and the hack they
implemented to get around this issue. (Yes, they just renamed the ping.exe to
I understand, that some of the ping functionality, indeed, require raw device
access, but if it is possible to avoid elevated calls for basic functions,
that would be highly appreciated.
Yes, it is a know limitation of raw socket
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple