This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: NOACL leads to a massive speed slowdown in file system processes
- From: Bengt Larsson <lists dot cygwin4 at bengtl dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 17:59:17 +0200
- Subject: Re: NOACL leads to a massive speed slowdown in file system processes
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1750747142 dot 592411 dot 1442135988978 dot JavaMail dot ngmail at webmail17 dot arcor-online dot net> <i46bvahk3frb9hq6l9279v2pl1h5ohgoqn at 4ax dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Bengt Larsson wrote:
>Try adding the "notexec" option. If it's mounted "noacl" Cygwin checks
>for executable by opening the file and checking the two first bytes.
If you add "notexec" scripts that start with "#!" won't be recognized as
executable. But files with .exe and .com extensions will be recognized.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple