This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: NOACL leads to a massive speed slowdown in file system processes
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Mikkel Filla <mfilla at arcor dot de>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 21:24:05 +0300
- Subject: Re: NOACL leads to a massive speed slowdown in file system processes
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1750747142 dot 592411 dot 1442135988978 dot JavaMail dot ngmail at webmail17 dot arcor-online dot net> <i46bvahk3frb9hq6l9279v2pl1h5ohgoqn at 4ax dot com> <55F5B412 dot 2040504 at arcor dot de>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Mikkel Filla!
> Wow, that seems a very fast solution. Are there any side effects which
> could be a problem? Else I wonder, why this is not the default setting.
This is not the default exactly because of its nature.
It is unusable. You will not be able to run scripts from such mount point.
However, I don't quite understand the nature of the issue here. Why not assume
all files "executable", and only check the magic word, when we actually trying
to execute them?
With best regards,
Sunday, September 13, 2015 21:21:28
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple