This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin terminal weirdness
- From: Thomas Wolff <towo at towo dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 10:32:01 +0200
- Subject: Re: Cygwin terminal weirdness
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <91152470 dot 20150913213611 at yandex dot ru> <7AF4498C-6FE4-4541-9CAD-03EC3D867D72 at etr-usa dot com> <1548943127 dot 20150915065425 at yandex dot ru>
On 15.09.2015 05:54, Andrey Repin wrote:
With putty, try the Home key instead. If you hold that, the result will
look even worse. Or try to hold the Down key at the end (of man bash) â
not good either.
Slightly different effects in different environments are simply the
result of timing. You cannot completely avoid such effects if the window
contents is rewritten repeatedly.
Greetings, Warren Young!
Call "man" on a sufficiently long topic. man bash would be quite sufficient.
Or just `less` a long enough text.
Hold down "End" key.
The screen buffer will jump and tear repeatedly, until you release the key.
... as I can't reproduce it with PuTTY in the same situation.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple