This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Does gam_server have to run?
- From: Doug Lewan <dougl at shubertticketing dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 15:48:36 +0000
- Subject: Does gam_server have to run?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
On my last cygwin update I noticed that I have /usr/libexec/gam_server.exe running.
I learned this because the install script could not kill it (and neither could I!).
It was using about 1 sec/sec of CPU.
With a little investigation I learned that
it's part of GNOME's "file alternation monitoring".
I'm willing to believe that I've installed /something/ of GNOME or that uses GNOME,
but I do /not/ want the GNOME ecosystem creeping into my world.
Can anyone help me understand how to stop it from running?
Alternatively, can someone help me understand how to find dependencies within CYGWIN?
I once worked in a can recycling facility. It was soda pressing.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple