This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Missing 'Luxi Sans' font
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 10:59:15 -0500
- Subject: Re: Missing 'Luxi Sans' font
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55F9E51D dot 4060606 at tiscali dot co dot uk>
On Wed, 2015-09-16 at 22:54 +0100, David Stacey wrote:
> In the recent font reorganisation, the package 'font-bh-ttf' was made
> obsolete, replaced by 'xorg-x11-fonts-Type1'. Now,
> 'xorg-x11-fonts-Type1' doesn't provide 'Luxi Sans' - in fact, this font
> is no longer provided in Cygwin. Is this intentional? I'm guessing this
> might be because 'Luxi Sans' has a non-free licence - see .
> If the user has the 'dejavu-fonts' package installed then 'fc-match
> "Luxi Sans"' will find 'DejaVu Sans', so at least mscgen will pick a
> sensible font by default. I'll rebuild mscgen to use 'DejaVu Sans' as
> the default font - hopefully I'll get round to this at the weekend.
That should be fine.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple