Re: Question about old win32 api

On Sep 21, 2015, at 8:11 PM, Michael Enright <mike@kmcardiff.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 5:50 PM, Vince Rice  wrote:
>
>> blindly
>
> The blindness was blindness to the fact that new users were getting a
> different version than existing users in some way other than fixing
> vulns.

The blindness was, as Iâve already pointed out, caused by blindly
updating software without knowing the reason for the update. Had
you/they been doing so, you/they would have known there was a
âdifferentâ version. Again, it was _announced_ as being âdifferentâ.

Software changes. It changes whether you, or I, like it or not. It
changes for lots of reasons, some of them you/I might agree with,
some of them you/I might not agree with. Nevertheless, it changes.
Telling us it changed, and why, is good practice for software providers.
That was done here. Reading why it changed, and knowing how that
will affect us, is good practice for software users. That apparently
wasnât done here. The fault does not lie with the software provider.