This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin potentially corrupting permissions?
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Linda Walsh <cygwin at tlinx dot org>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 04:46:48 +0300
- Subject: Re: cygwin potentially corrupting permissions?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAGpXXZKUQtAbrQ80VDHZhy0aZtzG+5fDB7bcYz-kwQ3Kgx6ueQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <560366EE dot 5020207 at tlinx dot org> <CAGpXXZJeWs33BJi7qROduZEhTx1pXXXseTbfXu+QP8+cf_r5hQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <466149660 dot 20150924213756 at yandex dot ru> <56044E61 dot 6060202 at tlinx dot org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Linda Walsh!
> Andrey Repin wrote:
>> Your system seems to be mangled. There should be no "root" user.
>> Also, please avoid top posting as per list rules.
> You are missing one? Don't tell me, you have
> Administrator instead?
No, I have my own account, that's quite enough.
> Maybe that's why you see Greg's messages as top-posted, where
> as I saw him as interleaving his response w/what I said? ;-)
> If you have Win7-Pro or above, you can rename Admin
> and Guest accounts --
You can rename them in NT4, too. Just sayin'.
> which is recommended for security reasons.
Obscurity has no relation to security.
Oh, and these both are disabled on my systems.
> If you read windows 'rules', you'd know that... (so many rules
> to read...really hard for someone to keep up)...
There's no such rules as "rename default accounts".
It makes no sense and bears no reason.
With best regards,
Friday, September 25, 2015 04:43:28
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple