This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Issues encountered with new Cygwin version
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: "Walter L." <bournenoir at hotmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2015 12:54:34 +0300
- Subject: Re: Issues encountered with new Cygwin version
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <BLU182-W10FB6B21A2AEC90F71470FD4450 at phx dot gbl> <154887677 dot 20150923111537 at yandex dot ru> <BLU182-DS2B4F831FEB7E4C1B67330D4440 at phx dot gbl> <56036256 dot 8080209 at tlinx dot org> <BLU182-DS2567923242507AF88D9315D4430 at phx dot gbl> <56037F66 dot 40209 at tlinx dot org> <BLU182-DS177F609D3B4BC69A880C77D4430 at phx dot gbl> <56042985 dot 2040104 at tlinx dot org> <BLU182-DS23E73EC671521B950E6875D4420 at phx dot gbl> <1275666051 dot 20150926120518 at yandex dot ru> <BLU182-DS1484E63B23E4228B1C49B4D4410 at phx dot gbl> <560717D5 dot 5010201 at cornell dot edu> <BLU182-DS1396F60CE885BBA6F983E3D4400 at phx dot gbl>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Walter L.!
> My question was merely based on Andrey's statement that "This is
> configurable" (see above); I don't know what he meant and what "this" is,
> Git or Cygwin.
"This" being "Git", and http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2015-09/msg00072.html
> If by saying "This is configurable" he meant running
> 'setfacl -b' on the top-level directory, then I simply misunderstood his
> statement; I was just misinterpreting "configurable" meaning setting "noacl"
> or something like that to the file system or the environment.
The problem child here is Git that bindly assumes that there's no other
permissions than POSIX permissions, and no other executables than POSIX
Both statements aren't true for any given OS these days.
> Since there are usually more than one way to do something, I was just
> wondering if Andrey knew of another way to handle the permission issue by
> the way of some configuration setting.
I didn't, but I'm reading the list patiently, picking knowledge where I can.
Thanks to Adam. This solution came up relatively recently.
With best regards,
Sunday, September 27, 2015 12:48:33
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple