Re: Mintty Crash on Exit after SSH on Windows 10

Sorry for the extra replies.

I am going to try to do some more research on the issue. After letting
a mintty window sit open and typing absolutely nothing inside it and
then closing it about 5 minutes later it hangs on exit.

Very strange behavior. Im not seeing it so bad on my other computers
but still intermittent on them.

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 11:15 PM, Bryan Tong <contact@nullivex.com> wrote:
> Okay,
>
> The plot thickens. After I renamed my home folder so Cygwin would make
> a new one. The problem seems to be gone.
>
> I will continue to test and see if it comes back. Maybe something in
> my home folder is making it unhappy.
>

> On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 11:10 PM, Bryan Tong <contact@nullivex.com> wrote:
>> I wasnt able to get any of the replies however I saw them on the mailing list.
>>
>> First of all, yes the problems continue if I type "exit" into each windows.
>>
>> Also happens if I just press the "X" on the window.
>>
>> Enter, doesnt do anything on the window. I have to either wait about
>> 60 seconds for the window to exit after claiming to not respond or I
>> have to use the task manager to kill it.
>>
>> I am trying the others now and will let you know.
>>
>> What I can tell you is that I just did a fresh install of cygwin
>> 32bit. I install nano, vim, ssh, ping as well was the base package
>> set.
>>
>> The problem continues on that installation as well.
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 2:10 AM, Bryan Tong <contact@nullivex.com> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and ever since I have I am getting a
>>> hang every time I try to exit a Mintty window after using SSH.
>>>
>>> What makes this issue more interesting is that I cant always reproduce
>>> it. It only happens after I have long standing SSH sessions.
>>>
>>> After I press "CTL + a + d" the final time when I am back at the
>>> cygwin login prompt. The window hangs and my cursor disappears when I
>>> try to mouse into the window (this includes the title bar, an exit
>>> buttons). At this point the only option is killing from the task
>>> manager or waiting about a minute until the window dies.
>>>
>>> I am thinking this has to do with unclosed sockets after I have done a
>>> bunch of googling on what might be causing this.
>>>
>>> There is one mailing thread pertaining to a similar issue but it
>>> doesnt match up  exactly.
>>>
>>> It definitely started directly after the upgrade to Windows 10. I did
>>> not upgrade cygwin until after I ran into this problem. However the
>>> issue still persists after the upgrade. I believe I am running the
>>> latest versions.
>>>
>>> I have attached my cygcheck to help.
>>>
>>> Best way to reproduce
>>>
>>> 1) Open mintty
>>> 2) ssh to a host
>>> 3) idle on this host for say 5 minutes
>>> 4) press "ctl + a + d" to disconnect from the host

--
eSited LLC
(701) 390-9638