This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ssh with password allows commands that fail with ssh via key
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: "Blando, Frank (Helion Managed Engineering)" <frank dot blando at hpe dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 02:26:31 +0300
- Subject: Re: ssh with password allows commands that fail with ssh via key
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <3FDF3C3C0433F04C8E22F9B8502B6837826D83FB at G9W0741 dot americas dot hpqcorp dot net>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Blando, Frank (Helion Managed Engineering)!
> I suspect this is already answered somewhere, but my googling has not brought up an answer.
> CygWin with OpenSSH 6.6.1p1-3 on Windows 2012 R2. Using the domain
> administrator account as the target on Windows.
> When I ssh into Windows from Linux, if I use a password, "powershell
> -command get-cluster" works. If I use key (store in .ssh/authorized_keys),
> "powershell -command get-cluster" returns access denied. Simpler commands do
> not appear to make a distinction and work equally well with password or keys.
Please read the documentation. It is explicitly explained there in great
With best regards,
Friday, October 2, 2015 02:24:20
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple