This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [Cygwin-ports-general] Ncview
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 15:10:37 +0200
- Subject: Re: [Cygwin-ports-general] Ncview
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAKmU=T_XtcOf1MOa_31oTfNYzUZ6QZD1xU9eTG-ERkvsua+gZQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <56095DBC dot 6090308 at gmail dot com> <1443720905 dot 8588 dot 17 dot camel at cygwin dot com> <560DA71F dot 2060006 at gmail dot com> <1443776288 dot 8896 dot 3 dot camel at cygwin dot com>
On 02/10/2015 10:58, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
On Thu, 2015-10-01 at 23:35 +0200, Marco Atzeri wrote:
I don't find any case.
The XtVa* functions use varargs.
In the case of ncview, I strongly suspect the latter should anyone be
interested in fixing this.
The hard issue is that only cygwin 64 bit seems impacted,
while other 64 platform are fine,
and that the crash is well deep X libraries during the
destruction phase of graphical elements
as the X graphics elements are not correctly destroyed in sequence.
If someone more knowledgeable in X is interested I can provide the
program and a test case.
That would be great.
the program compiled with -O0 is here
you can also install with
setup-x86_64.exe -X -O -s http://matzeri.altervista.org
It requires: libnetcdf7 libpng16 libudunits0 libX11_6 libXaw7 libXt6
you can find a small test database (~2Mb)
$ ncview s.nc
to run it.
I also loaded a picture of how to replicate the crash.
Until only the first rows of "Var" is selected everything is fine,
the data are presented in other windows, while with the second row
it usually crashes at the 3rd selection.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple