This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin issues with Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3093266)
- From: Warren Young <wyml at etr-usa dot com>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 11:56:32 -0600
- Subject: Re: cygwin issues with Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3093266)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <560EC1DC dot 60308 at gmail dot com>
On Oct 2, 2015, at 11:41 AM, Terry Garyet <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Windows 10 did auto-update (Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3093266)) yesterday. My sys auto rebooted this morning.
> Now, when I try to launch "Cygwin Terminal" from the windows desktop I get:
> /usr/bin/mintty: could not detach from caller. Try '-help' for more information.
I just installed the same update, and Cygwin still works for me.
> 2 [main] bash (4820) C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe: *** fatal error - cygheap base mismatch detected - 0xF4B400/0xDFB400.
That looks like a problem that rebasing will fix:
The only mystery here is why the normal auto-rebase at the end of setup.exeâs run failed. Are you failing to report some errors you got from the postinst scripts?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple