This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: gcc-5.2.0-1 (Test x86/x86_64)
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 14:54:00 -0400
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: gcc-5.2.0-1 (Test x86/x86_64)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 560BC46D dot 3060500 at gmail dot com>
On 9/30/2015 7:15 AM, JonY wrote:
gcc-5.2.0-1 has been uploaded for 32bit and 64bit Cygwin.
This is the first series of the 5.x releases, and should be considered
as experimental as such.
Just a HEADSUP for package maintainers who might want to try this: I
installed this by clicking the Exp button in setup and choosing
everything that seemed related to gcc. This included binutils-2.25-2.
It turns out that this test release is *not* related to the gcc-5
release, and it has bugs that caused me problems. So stick with
[JonY, I can report the binutils-2.25-2 bug separately if you want
details. Briefly, I got errors when running 'nm -l' on some DLLs, on
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple