This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Regression with gnu screen: Scrollbar gone between 4.02 and 4.03
- From: ht at inf dot ed dot ac dot uk (Henry S. Thompson)
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2015 14:14:15 +0100
- Subject: Re: Regression with gnu screen: Scrollbar gone between 4.02 and 4.03
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <f5bmvvz7uj6 dot fsf at troutbeck dot inf dot ed dot ac dot uk> <vfi51bd9ggusbcfumb7ohb6epam35jlgkl at 4ax dot com> <f5bvbalx8s3 dot fsf at troutbeck dot inf dot ed dot ac dot uk>
> Andrew Schulman writes:
>> But if this is a bug, I have no idea what caused it. If it were changes in
>> termcap/terminfo entries in /etc/screenrc, someone would have to decode the
>> entries to figure it out - something I avoid.
> No changes in the termcap entry, except something commented out, but
> as I said, doesn't seem to be implicated.
And I've now acquired various of the upstream sources, and there has
been no change to the screenrc there for many years.
>> Otherwise someone will need to do some bisection to find the commit
>> that introduced it.
Remind me what repo to look in for screen?
>> Any help would be appreciated on that. It would also be a good idea to
>> report it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
> I'll see if I can reproduce on Linux -- I don't immediately have
> access to a very up-to-date version of screen there. . .
No, I can't reproduce it. None of upstream 4.1.0, 4.2.0, 4.2.1, 4.3.0 or
4.3.1 have the problem on Linux.
Henry S. Thompson, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh
10 Crichton Street, Edinburgh EH8 9AB, SCOTLAND -- (44) 131 650-4440
Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: email@example.com
[mail from me _always_ has a .sig like this -- mail without it is forged spam]
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple