This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin/X installation: Unable to extract /etc/X11/fontpath.d/xorg-x11-fonts-75dpi:unscaled:pri=20
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: kuaf <kuaf dot lee at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 17:59:54 +0300
- Subject: Re: Cygwin/X installation: Unable to extract /etc/X11/fontpath.d/xorg-x11-fonts-75dpi:unscaled:pri=20
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAFLqW4O_tOf2Xw68gmajCa8NMNcPtQRiMa1vT6c7ETeVz5VP2g at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
> Hi list,
> I intended to install Cygwin/X server. Select package `xinit` as a
> package (The dependence packages, such as xorg-server, will be
> installed as well ).
> I came across error prompts as following:
> Error writing file
> Unable to extract
> The file is in use or some other error occurred.
> I have no idea about the errors.
> Be puzzled that there's no existing directory of /etc/X11/fontpath.d.
Try creating that directory and creating a random file in it.
I'm more puzzled by the file name, though. While colons are allowed in Windows
file names, they bear special meaning of referencing streams within a file.
And they can't be nested.
And Cygwin seems to be blissfully unaware of their existence.
With best regards,
Tuesday, October 6, 2015 17:56:31
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple