This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin/X installation: Unable to extract /etc/X11/fontpath.d/xorg-x11-fonts-75dpi:unscaled:pri=20
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: mike at kmcardiff dot com
- Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 19:10:27 +0100
- Subject: Re: Cygwin/X installation: Unable to extract /etc/X11/fontpath.d/xorg-x11-fonts-75dpi:unscaled:pri=20
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAFLqW4O_tOf2Xw68gmajCa8NMNcPtQRiMa1vT6c7ETeVz5VP2g at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAOC2fq-tKvCnFW0LQGoX4aO9Z8iiE=bf=Xn27SJwQSGfEBNkAg at mail dot gmail dot com> <5613FCEB dot 30603 at cornell dot edu>
On 06/10/2015 17:55, Ken Brown wrote:
On 10/6/2015 12:43 PM, Michael Enright wrote:
On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 7:42 AM, kuaf wrote:
Unable to extract
Something tells me that this error message is not only giving a file
name, it is giving some font parameters that had been specified
directly or indirectly by the application. The colons divide the
string into parameters and the first one is a file or directory.
No, it's a file name. See my earlier replies in this thread.
It is a filename.
It has certain attributes about how the X server should use that
fontpath element encoded into the symlink filename.
But there is no need to guess about this, it's documented in the
fontpath.d section of the Xserver man page 
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple