This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin/X installation: Unable to extract /etc/X11/fontpath.d/xorg-x11-fonts-75dpi:unscaled:pri=20
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Michael Enright <mike at kmcardiff dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 02:50:43 +0300
- Subject: Re: Cygwin/X installation: Unable to extract /etc/X11/fontpath.d/xorg-x11-fonts-75dpi:unscaled:pri=20
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAFLqW4O_tOf2Xw68gmajCa8NMNcPtQRiMa1vT6c7ETeVz5VP2g at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAOC2fq-tKvCnFW0LQGoX4aO9Z8iiE=bf=Xn27SJwQSGfEBNkAg at mail dot gmail dot com> <5613FCEB dot 30603 at cornell dot edu> <56140E93 dot 6060109 at dronecode dot org dot uk> <CAOC2fq-Dixr8zSE2yYPc5H2br4n7oxzAbz3hJAYN3ewMOc4dSA at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Michael Enright!
>> But there is no need to guess about this, it's documented in the fontpath.d
>> section of the Xserver man page 
>>  http://x.cygwin.com/docs/man1/Xserver.1.html#lbAN
> I still have questions.
> Good old setup_x86 fortuitously gave me the chance to see an error
> message involving one of these symlinks. I reviewed the setup log and
> read that apparently such a symlink was created as follows:
> (cygfile:///etc/X11/fontpath.d/xorg-x11-75dpi:unscaled:pri=20 ->
> But there is no /etc/X11/fontpath.d directory on the system.
> The man page doesn't say in explicit procedural terms what the end
> user has to do to make fontpath.d exist and it doesn't seem to get
> created by setup. There are three occurances of fontpath.d on that
> page and none of them say where you should put it.
> Could we change it to be more tutorial, something like:
> If you wanted to modify the priority of the bitmap fonts for example,
> you could go to /etc/X11 and create fontpath.d and then here are some
> ln commands:
> ln -s /usr/share/X11/fonts/75dpi xorg-x11-75dpi:unscaled:pri=20
This should be taken care of by the setup itself.
Not by the end user.
With best regards,
Wednesday, October 7, 2015 02:49:51
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple