This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin/X installation: Unable to extract /etc/X11/fontpath.d/xorg-x11-fonts-75dpi:unscaled:pri=20
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 20:22:06 -0400
- Subject: Re: Cygwin/X installation: Unable to extract /etc/X11/fontpath.d/xorg-x11-fonts-75dpi:unscaled:pri=20
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAFLqW4O_tOf2Xw68gmajCa8NMNcPtQRiMa1vT6c7ETeVz5VP2g at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAOC2fq-tKvCnFW0LQGoX4aO9Z8iiE=bf=Xn27SJwQSGfEBNkAg at mail dot gmail dot com> <5613FCEB dot 30603 at cornell dot edu> <56140E93 dot 6060109 at dronecode dot org dot uk> <CAOC2fq-Dixr8zSE2yYPc5H2br4n7oxzAbz3hJAYN3ewMOc4dSA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 10/6/2015 7:40 PM, Michael Enright wrote:
On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 11:10 AM, Jon Turney wrote:
But there is no need to guess about this, it's documented in the fontpath.d
section of the Xserver man page 
I still have questions.
Good old setup_x86 fortuitously gave me the chance to see an error
message involving one of these symlinks. I reviewed the setup log and
read that apparently such a symlink was created as follows:
But there is no /etc/X11/fontpath.d directory on the system.
The man page doesn't say in explicit procedural terms what the end
user has to do to make fontpath.d exist and it doesn't seem to get
created by setup.
That's because of the setup bug that I mentioned in
https://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2015-10/msg00065.html; the directory
will get created by setup once the fixed version of setup is released.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple