This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Updated: gcc-5.2.0-1 (Test x86/x86_64)
- From: Csaba Raduly <rcsaba at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin list <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 09:45:41 +0200
- Subject: Re: Updated: gcc-5.2.0-1 (Test x86/x86_64)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <560BC46D dot 3060500 at gmail dot com> <560C0863 dot 70505 at tiscali dot co dot uk> <560C6369 dot 7060602 at gmail dot com> <560C71FB dot 4030005 at tiscali dot co dot uk> <560D2F6D dot 90608 at gmail dot com> <5613F632 dot 1080205 at t-online dot de> <56140A2F dot 3000004 at cornell dot edu> <56144739 dot 7040602 at tiscali dot co dot uk>
On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 12:12 AM, David Stacey wrote:
> On 06/10/15 18:51, Ken Brown wrote:
>> What about the following scenario: Package P links against library L. Library L is rebuilt to use the new ABI. Isn't it possible that package P will then have to be rebuilt as well?
> My understanding is that if 'L' is built with -D_GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI=0 then P wouldn't need to be rebuilt (I haven't tested that, though). However, this compiler switch loses some C++11 features of the STL, so it isn't a magic cure.
If you use -D_GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI=0, you're stuck with the COW (the
old std::string implementation in libstdc++ which uses copy-on-write;
this is not standard-conforming anymore). std::list::size() remains
O(n) instead of the newly mandated O(1).
AFAIK, that's it.
GCS a+ e++ d- C++ ULS$ L+$ !E- W++ P+++$ w++$ tv+ b++ DI D++ 5++
The Tao of math: The numbers you can count are not the real numbers.
Life is complex, with real and imaginary parts.
"Ok, it boots. Which means it must be bug-free and perfect. " -- Linus Torvalds
"People disagree with me. I just ignore them." -- Linus Torvalds
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple