This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Running a program using a DLL under Cygwin
- From: Dr Rainer Woitok <rainer dot woitok at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 15:37:41 +0200
- Subject: Running a program using a DLL under Cygwin
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com, Rainer dot Woitok at Gmail dot Com
I'm running a program which requires a DLL sitting in my "~/bin/" dir-
ectory. Since "~/bin/" is contained in my "PATH" environment variable,
everything works as desired. Recently I moved the DLL elsewhere, re-
placing it with a symbolic link in "~/bin/". This caused the program to
fail to locate the DLL. Moving the DLL back in place caused the program
to work again.
Is this a Windows problem (since DLLs are Windows rather than Unix) or
Cygwin's? The link was created with the normal "ln -s" command. And,
if that matters, Cygwin is running on Vista here.
PS: Please also reply to me personally, as I'm not subscribed to this
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple