This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: how can I disable the warning about X11 forwarding
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Peter <fomember at freenet dot de>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 21:56:22 +0300
- Subject: Re: how can I disable the warning about X11 forwarding
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <dcce3c3876ff4fd0a63ce4d44b5b5a81 at DB4PR90MB0154 dot MGDPHG dot emi dot philips dot com> <56169E05 dot 7040703 at freenet dot de>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
> I want to allow some users to run an interactive program on my w2012
> server via ssh.
> The program is a console app so I do not need X forwarding.
> Users are connecting via putty without an X server.
> Alas they always get nagged with the
> "WARNING: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding."
> Is there a way to get rid of this message?
Tell them to not request X11 forwarding, and they won't be nagged by it.
With best regards,
Thursday, October 8, 2015 21:55:52
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple